Are your kids not in summer camps? Here are some great ideas for kid fun in this hot weather!
It’s too hot to play outside for most of the day during the summer months, so what is a parent to do? If you’re trying to find ways to entertain the kids while staying cool, the East Valley has many opportunities for summer fun. From trampoline parks to discounted movies, museums, and aquariums, there’s no shortage of things to do this summer.
- One of the best places to stay cool in the summer is the movie theater. At Harkins Theatres, they are running the popular Summer Movie Fun with discounted ticket prices, 10 movies over 10 weeks for kids at less than $1 per movie. Bring your Harkins cups for $1.50 refills.
- Stay indoors and learn at a number of the local museums, including the Children’s Museum of Phoenix, Arizona Science Center, and more when you take advantage of the Culture Pass program. Use your library card to get FREE and discounted passes to a number of museums across the Valley. Don’t forget to look for the days each museum offers FREE admission.
- Explore the ocean world at SEA LIFE Arizona, the aquarium at the Arizona Mills Mall. Learn who (and what) lives at the bottom of the ocean floor and get a closer look at seahorses, starfish, sharks, rays, and more. Receive a discount when you purchase tickets online.
- There is a new LEGOLAND® Discovery Center right by Sea Life. It’s a lot closer than California!
- For indoor games and rides, check out Amazing Jake’s in Mesa. Summer fun abounds at this indoor play area.
- If bowling and laser tag are more your style, take the kids to FlipSide in Gilbert. They call themselves “the awesomest bowling alley & family entertainment center” and will not disappoint.
- When the kids (or you) are going a bit stir crazy, check out the jump parks Jumpstreet in Chandler for a hopping good time.
- Need something different? Fat Cats in Gilbert offers glow in the dark miniature golf, bowling, and reclining chairs at the movies, all with food service delivered right to you!
- For the younger ones, there is BounceU. Two rooms full of bounce houses and games! Easy to keep track of your littles while they bounce their energy out.
- Finally, for some water fun, try a new splash pad! There are several splash pads in the East Valley; you could try a new one each week!
Make the most of this time of year and be grateful that the worst weather in Arizona doesn’t require you to bundle your kids in and out of snow gear – just swim suits!